If you couldn’t join us for Greyhounds in Gettysburg, here is another chance for you to enjoy a greyt event close by. Grapehounds Virginia is scheduled for May 9-11. Pre-registration closes May 5. If you pre-register, you will save money. Make sure when you register that you designate our organization as the group to help as we get a share of your registration fee. This year we will be vending again on Saturday (and possibly Sunday) and we are in charge of the silent auction. You do not have to be a wine enthusiast to attend this great event. Just come on by and enjoy the country atmosphere and good times! Check our calendar of events for more information.
The Grapehounds-Virginia event is held near Leesburg, Virginia every May. The event begins with a welcome party for all registered guests at North Gate Vineyards.
On Saturday and Sunday the event moves to the main host location where huge vendor and social tents will be arrayed for music, food and socializing. This year the event will be hosted by Quattro Goombas Winery just south of Leesburg on Route 15, with over twelve acres of lawn and shade trees. They are known for their variety of great wines and their homemade pizza.
One big change in the schedule for 2014 is a change of vending dates. Because so many people in the Metro D.C. area like to visit Grapehounds on the weekend, the vending days have been changed from Friday and Saturday this year to Saturday and Sunday.
This year’s event will also feature a large social tent where folks may plop down with their lawn chair and a blanket for their greyhounds and just “hang out,” sip some wine, visit the vendors and enjoy some great Quattro Goombas pizza.
Here is the schedule of events:
Grapehounds Virginia – Schedule
Friday May 9, 2014
- 5PM-8PM Welcome event North Gate Vineyards
Saturday May 10, 2014
(times in bold are locked in)
- 7:30AM Vendors set up at Quattro Goombas
- 10AM-5PM Quattro Goombas Winery and vendors open for business
- Check in and registration open
- Wine tasting
- Food available onsite
- 11 AM Historical presentation on the Battle of Ball’s Bluff
- 2:00 PM Blessing of the Hounds (followed by individual blessings for sick or lost hounds)
- 2:30PM-5:30PM Musicians Far Away are playing
- 3:00PM Ice Cream Social
- 4:00 PM Silent auction items end
- 5:30PM Event at Quattro Goombas ends for the day
- Wine tasting at other area wineries including, Willowcroft Farm Vineyards, 868 Estate Vineyards, Dry Mill Winery and Hidden Brook Winery
Sunday May 11th, 2014
- 10AM-4PM Quattro Goombas Winery
- Vendors open
- Food, pizza, music and wine tasting going on all day
- 10:00 AM Mr. James Morgan leads a battlefield walk at the Ball’s Bluff Battlefield
- 1-4 PM Music by Seventh Son of West Virginia
- Mother’s Day Festivities
- Wine tasting available at other wineries
We hope to see you there!